A Show of a Show

Posted by on Saturday, September 8, 2012


The Hives are back. They just came out with a new album but before that they hand't come out with anything since 2007. It's a really fantastic album. I'm positive it will make it to my top 3 favorite albums of 2012, if not be my very most favorite. I loved the Hives in high school and was afraid I'd never be able to see them live. They came to Seattle last night.
I've seen a lot of good shows in my time but nothing quite like the Hives. Not only are they the best dressed I've ever seen but they are.... man, I don't know what the word for them is. They rock but they do so much more than that. Their show is a SHOW. The front man, Howlin' Pelle Almqvist and lead guitarist, Nicholaus Arson are brothers. Almqvist struts around the stage talking in the same manner that he sings and makes ridiculous and conceited statements, demanding applause and cheers from his audience while Arson just stands there starting at the audience wide-eyed and crazy looking, licking his lips and blowing the tips of his fingers to them cool off from rocking so hard. Not to mention all the leg-kickin, microphone-swinging/throwing, arm-flailing, on-knees-screaming, bass-drum-standing/jumping, drum-stick-throwing, tuxedo-and-top-hat-wearing, amp-climbing, guitar-swinging and crowd-surfing. 
All in all, even if you don't like the Hives (which would be ridiculous. Everyone likes the Hives, right?), you would thoroughly be entertained and completely pleased with their performance. After all, they've been doing it for almost 20 years now. Where does the time go? 

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.