"Another is Waiting"-- new Avett Brothers song (Xtina's Song of the Day)

Posted by on Thursday, August 8, 2013


I first heard about the Avett Brothers from Tori and Zach. They always talked about them when Tori and I were living together, so I schooled myself via the interwebs one day, and I never looked back.

A couple Avett Brothers songs fit so well into situations I have experienced that it's uncanny. Music has a great way of making you feel that you aren't alone, but their songs make me feel like they sneaked into my journal and wrote about what they found there.

Anyway, they have a new album called Magpie and the Dandelion coming out in October. "Another is Waiting" is the first song they have released, and I love it. It is pretty poppy, but they don't stray too far from the Avett Brothers sound. The song is a good marriage between old AB and new AB, I think. It has the Avett-style harmonizing of something that could have come before I and Love and You and the LOUD that came after (and during).

Click here to listen on NPR.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.