happy anniversary, war all the time

Posted by on Monday, September 16, 2013

Ten exact years ago, Thursday released War All the Time. While Full Collapse is arguably the quintessential Thursday album, War All the Time holds a special place in my heart. I bought it at Target back when CD-buying at Target was pretty much all I did. I saw the music video on the screen in the music section, and, having already been a fan of a few songs, decided to buy it.

This album has carried me through every good and bad time in my life up to this point. Each song contains a memory and the ability to lift me up when I'm feeling low or rejoice with me when I am feeling good.

In my opinion, War All the Time is one of the most important socially conscious albums of the 2000s. It touches on a lot of important issues, including gay rights, homophobia, and war. I have always admired Thursday for writing songs about real things. Thanks a lot, Thursday.

 C + T = 4ever
2 Good 2 B 4Gotten

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.