Quilt on a sick day (Xtina's band of the day)

Posted by on Monday, January 20, 2014


I spent days one and two watching every bad (and good) independent film on Netflix. I couldn't lift my head to read, so I missed out on my anti-procrastination school reading (finishing the text before school starts) and my irresponsible, self-indulgent reading (Divergent is incredible, you guys).


It's day three, and I am feeling the pressure looming, so like it or not, I've got to start reading. (I like it.) I'm still casting YouTube onto the television in our bedroom, but I'm letting it play study-appropriate music.

The internet has been buzzing about the band Quilt in the last few days, but I have been wary to check out them because everything is electronic these days, and I don't even like electronic music that much when I'm not sick.

My gut has been wrong so much on this front lately, and I am thankful for that. What can I say? I'm no Olivia Pope.

Quilt reminds me a little of Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros without all the acid-drenched, party-with-P. Diddy weirdness. Their music is calming without being boring, and carries just the right amount of 60's folk nostalgia with it.

I don't know which song to recommend, so I'll post their album below. Check it out and let us know what you think.


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.