Bad Vibrations (Local music doesn't suck) (Xtina's song of the day)

Posted by on Friday, March 28, 2014

I spent a good portion of my youth watching my peers play music at the Boys and Girls Club. If I may quote Abraham Lincoln... It was the best of times; it was the worst of times.

Anyway, I don't know if any good bands actually came out of that mini-scene. Regardless, I have been on the hunt for a good local band since we moved to Oklahoma. It's just good to have someone to claim, you know? Well! I didn't exactly find a local band, but I found one that is close enough and is actually good. The Midwest Indies hail from the great town of Springfield, Missouri, and I am stoked because it is only an hour and a half away! (That's like a twenty minute drive when you live in the middle of nowhere.) I haven't seen them play yet, but I have high hopes.

Their music is a good blend of rock and roll and pop in the vein of Bishop Allen or Someone Still Loves You, Boris Yeltsin. Enjoy.







Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.