"I am invisible and weightless, kemo sabe" (The National and Matthew McConaughey on Saturday Night Live)

Posted by on Sunday, March 9, 2014

I live for Saturdays. I can make it through a tough week much easier if I know I have a new episode of Saturday Night Live to look forward to. So when I found out that one of my favorite humans (Lena Dunham) was hosting and one of my favorite bands (the National) was playing, I was ecstatic!

Lena Dunham hosted last night, and I thought she flawlessly fit into the cast. She wasn't the best host I've seen, but she managed to fit into their skits as if she was one of them. And Taran Killam as Matthew McConaughey was amazing. Taran Killam as anyone is amazing.

The National's set was incredible. The quiet ferocity of their music, especially last night, was almost too much to handle. After they finished "Graceless," I turned to Zach and told him I needed a nap. They are one of the best bands and Trouble Will Find Me is one of the best albums. Watch and cry tears of joy with me:





Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.