2012 Lists

Posted by on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Before I get into what I deem my "favorites" of 2012, I'd like to preface it with the fact that I have mixed feelings about end of year lists. I do enjoy reflecting, sharing and hearing what others enjoyed this year. But, at the same time, what if I change my mind? What if I hear or see something in January or even December 2013 that came out in 2012 that was better that something I put on my list? So, just as a disclaimer, you should know that these are my favorites as of right now, this very moment in time. I haven't listened to every album or seen every movie that's come out this year. Though, until time travel is possible, my favorite live shows for 2012 is pretty solid. So, here it is...

TORI'S FAVORITES OF 2012.

Albums

Girls & Boys/Alabama Shakes
Lex Hives/The Hives
The Carpenter/The Avett Brothers
Blunderbuss/Jack White
Carry Me Back/Old Crow Medicine Show
The Way We Move/Laghorne Slim
Wilderness/The Features
The Lumineers/The Lumineers
Fear Fun/Father John Misty
The Sheepdogs/The Sheepdogs
Be the Void/Dr. Dog
O' Be Joyful/Shovels and Rope
Heavy Mood/Tilly and the Wall


EPs

Foreign Spells/The Young Evils
Willy Moon EP/Willy Moon
Ahoy!/Punch Brothers
Benchwarmers/Finn Riggins


Live Shows

Jack White
The Hives


Movies

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Liberal Arts
Moonrise Kingdom
Ruby Sparks
Hitchcock
Jiro Dreams of Sushi


And now here's a compilation of good songs from 2012


2 Comments

  1. good stuff tori! Jiro Dreams of Sushi! I also dream of sushi. But really i watched that on netflix after returning from Japan, it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.