Forgetfully Fantastic

Posted by on Saturday, December 1, 2012

There are bands I know are amazing. I listen to them often, tell everyone about them, and geek out over anything I see or hear of theirs. I'm almost certain every music lover has these bands. I believe most music lovers also have bands they love but always forget they love. At least I do. These are the bands that I know are really great but for some reason or another don't listen to often. Then, when they come up I fall in love again and kick myself for not listening to them more. I'll listen to them a lot for a couple days then, somehow, forget about them for another year. For me, these are the bands that make music-loving worth the work. They're the reason I don't stick to my top five favorite bands. They're the reason I force myself to shuffle through my music every once in a while. They keep me on my toes.
The Strokes are one of those bands in my life. I know they're great. Like, really great. But I never listen to them. I can't figure out why. I just don't. I love them though. They're so fantastic. I fall in love every time I listen to them. I can't seem to figure this phenomenon out. I know everyone has these bands because I've talked with other people about it. Maybe it's a subconscious thing? Maybe I love that I get to fall in love with them all over again and look forward to forgetting about them in order to do so? I don't know. I won't worry about it too much. I'll just enjoy this music until I forget about them again.


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.