Best Music of 2012

Posted by on Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Every year I listen to so much music and then by the time December rolls around I've usually forgotten what I listened to in January. . . but not this year. This year I started making my list in January. I used the sticky note app on my desktop and wrote down every song and album I liked. I'm a nerd. 
This year (like most years) was a great year for music. 

Favorite Albums of 2012

  1. Heaven - The Walkmen
  2. Fear Fun - Father John Misty
  3. The Carpenter - The Avett Brothers
  4. S/T - Hospitality
  5. Mirage Rock - Band of Horses
  6. The Lion's Roar - First Aid Kit
  7. Break it Yourself - Andrew Bird
  8. II - Bad Books
  9. Mariqopa - Damien Jurado
  10. Gossamer - Passion Pit
  11. Former Lives - Benjamin Gibbard
  12. Local Business - Titus Andronicus 
  13. Ten Stories - mewithoutYou
  14. The Idler Wheel... - Fiona Apple
  15. The North - Stars


Favorite Songs
  1. One of My Kind - Conor Oberst and the MVB
  2. The Only Place - Best Coast
  3. House That Heaven Built - Japandroids
  4. We Can't Be Beat - The Walkmen
  5. Fun Times in Babylon- Father John Misty
  6. Cry For Judas - The Mountain Goats
  7. The North - Stars
  8. Simple Song - The Shins
  9. In a Big City - Titus Andronicus 
  10. Runaways - The Killers
  11. Emmylou - First Aid Kit
  12. Stars - Fun.
  13. Lost River - Murder By Death
  14. Friendly Advice - Bad Books
  15. Take a Walk -  Passion Pit
  16. "45" - Gaslight Anthem
  17. MariKKKopa - Deciparicidos
  18. Hang Loose - Alabama Shakes
  19. Cherokee - Cat Power
  20. Honeycomb - Animal Collective 
Favorite New Artist
Hospitality

Favorite Discovery That Didn’t Come Out in 2012
Youth Lagoon – Year of Hibernation (click HERE to read about it)

Favorite Compilation/Greatest Hits Album
The Rolling Stones- Grrr

Favorite Guilty Pleasure
Fun- Some Nights (click HERE to read about it)

Favorite Live Band
Father John Misty*

*I didn’t go to very many shows this year, but I did watch lots of Youtube videos and Father John Misty probably would have been my favorite live band. 



Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.