Great Gatsby Soundtrack

Posted by on Thursday, May 2, 2013


I know, I know, this is my second post in one day but I can't help it. Baz Luhrman's much anticipated movie comes out next week, The Great Gatsby. It's one of my favorite directors doing one of my favorite books. I am crazy excited for it but let's talk about the soundtrack for a second. It's amazing and not just because Jack White contributed to it. It has some other really talented people on it including Beyonce, Jay-Z, Lana Del Ray and Florence and The Machine. It has a lot of high energy tunes as well as some slower ones. It even has some great covers (Zach, I know you hated the Amy Winehouse cover but in all honesty, I really didn't mind it). Not to mention the old jazz mixed in with modern music, as is expected for a Luhrman movie. All in all, it's a really well done soundtrack. It has me even more pumped for the movie, if that's even possible.

The soundtrack is posted on NPR's First Listen here.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.