Thunderclap Needs You.

Posted by on Friday, May 24, 2013

Thunderclap is a lot of things: talented, creative, funny, strange, dramatic, driven, energetic, and legitimate. The Niagara Falls native is currently working on his first solo record Hellbent for Success, and he's doing it all on his own (with the help of Feist producer Spooky Ruben).

He just started an Indiegogo campaign with a goal of $13,000 to fund his album. He's already made $3,500, and he still has four weeks to go. His music reminds me of Rocky Horror Picture Show, Johnny Cash, Murder By Death, and Dead Man's Bones. I recognize those influences are all over the board, but he has a very unique and theatrical sound that hasn't really been done before. I've never seen Thunderclap live, but, judging by his costumes, I can see a connection to Reggie and the Full Effect as well.

Thunderclap describes his album as "a concept album, a mishmash of socioeconomic commentary, flashes of pop media, and surreal narrative brilliance."

I obviously haven't heard the album, but I've visited his Soundcloud page, and I enjoyed what I heard. I bet that Thunderclap would be a lot of fun live. What impresses me most about this music is that it's completely DIY. He does it all himself, which is why Thunderclap needs you!


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.