Adam Green

Posted by on Thursday, February 7, 2013

I went and saw Adam Green and Binki Shapiro last night. For those not familiar, he's the guy from The Moldy Peaches and has also done quite a bit of solo stuff and she's the girl from Little Joy. They just came out with a new album and it's really good. Listen!



I found out about the show last minute and was pretty excited about it, A. because it was going to be in a smaller venue and those shows always seem to be better, more intimate and B. because I've seen some of his sweet dance moves in his music videos (I was going to post one but I couldn't find the one I was thinking of).
Needless to say, Adam Green and his performance was everything I hoped. Binki was lovely and brought a really nice dynamic to the set. I love her voice. Girl sings real good and she doesn't get enough credit for that in Little Joy. But Adam was clearly the star of the show here. They started off welcoming the crowd to Seattle and playing a few songs from their new album with Adam cracking all sorts of dry jokes between songs. He's actually really hilarious. It was great and entertaining and everyone in the crowd was falling in love with their charm but it really got going when Adam set down the guitar, Binki picked hers up and they played some of Adams older, solo work. He just sang and danced and rocked. He has these really fantastic dance moved that are a little awkward but he does them with such confidence, no one questions it.
I have to say, I was a little surprised they played such a small venue. Apparently Adam Green isn't as popular as I thought but I'm glad I got to see them so up close and personal. I love his music. I hope you guys look him up and spread the word because he totally deserves more popularity.

Posted by Tori

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.