Nothing feels good.

Posted by on Thursday, February 21, 2013

In ninth grade, I read Andy Greenwald's Nothing Feels Good: Punk Rock, Teenagers, and Emo so much that it started to fall apart. It documented the beginnings of bands like Thursday and Saves the Day, as well The Promise Ring, Braid, Texas is the Reason, and Sunny Day Real Estate. I lugged this book around with me everywhere and joked that it was like my bible. At the ripe young age of 23, I missed out on many of these bands during their heydays. Nonetheless, I ate it all up. What a book. What music lover doesn't want to learn about the origin of their favorite music?

Sadly, I lent it to a friend back in high school, but I am ordering another copy as we speak (or, to be more accurate, as I type). I recommend it to every person in the universe.

Enjoy this Christina-created playlist in honor of my favorite book.

One Comment

Powered by Blogger.