Xtina's Song of the Day/Ode to Jimmy Eat World

Posted by on Thursday, June 6, 2013



Jimmy Eat World has always been one of those perfect bands to me. Clarity and Futures got me through some really difficult times in my life. Their new album, Damage, is streaming right now on YouTube, and it is beautiful. The lyrics contain the raw honesty that I have admired so much in their other albums. Maybe I'm tearing up a little bit right now, and maybe not...

I was talking to Zach this morning about another artist that we both love, but I feel like it applies with Jimmy Eat World. I don't feel like they're trying to prove anything to anyone. They make music for themselves, and that's why it resonates with me so much. When Futures came out, I related to every song on the album. It was amazing.

 I am still getting through the album, so I will hold off on a review. Just consider this an ode to Jimmy Eat World. The song below is "Appreciation" off of the new album.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.