Jeff's Album of the Week

Posted by on Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Jeffrey Scott Buckley's Grace has been one of my favorite albums I listen to on an annual basis and then don't think about for 12 monthsish until I yearn for it again. Buckley's tragic death in an accidental drowning near Memphis has to rank up there with Kurt Cobain's death as far as tragedies of the 90s are concerned. His cover of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" was the first thing I'd ever heard him do until I decided to devote a youtube session to other songs off Grace a few years ago.


There's a reason David Bowie once said this was his favorite album of all time and would be the first album he'd take if he were deserted on an island. To me he kind of seems like a musical cousin of Elliott Smith or Nick Drake but you can also hear he grew up listening to Zeppelin. He also had some of the most amazing pipes ever. OMFG. Anyway, I digress. If you've never listened to this album please do so. If you have, listen to it again. I know I will.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.