Kanye West and Yeezus Revisited

Posted by on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

When I reviewed Kanye's newest album "Yeezus" I was holding a grudge. I let my feelings about him get in the way of the music. I've since revisited the album (like a lot) and I've come to the conclusion that I was wrong. This album really is revolutionary. Kanye knows what the hell he's doing.
Yeezus is the most unique piece of art (that's right I said art) that I've heard all year. If music wasn't so readily available and our attention spans weren't so short people would still be talking about how great this album is. I still don't think it will make my number one album of the year, but it will in most lists and that's fine by me. It probably deserves it.
Even though Kanye's huge ego annoys me to death (it's bigger than huge it's gigantic, enormous, gargantuan), he's a genius like he says (even if I hate that he says it).

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.