Xtina's Song of the Day

Posted by on Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Anthony Green (of Circa Survive) released the self-titled track off his new solo album Young Legs. It probably goes without saying, but I am a huge fan. His first solo album remains one of my all-time favorites. It was a stark contrast from the music he was making with his band. It was personal and contained polished versions of demos I had been hearing for years, many of which were some of my favorite songs. His second album was great, but it hasn't really stayed with me since it came out. I still go back to it from time to time, but it didn't resonate with me as much. (It does contain some gems, though.)

"Young Legs" has a definite Circa vibe to it, but you can tell that it wasn't a group effort from all the guys. His backing band for this album continues to be Good Old War. Their music is more folk than alternative or progressive, so this was a growth and a reach for them. I love this song. He said that he wrote it about a friend he doesn't talk to anymore, and that it is both angry and sad. Anthony Green is good at penning his darkest and heaviest experiences with Circa and his solo stuff, and this song is a good example of this. It's a lot more sonic than his prior albums.

Listen to it here

and buy it next week!

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.