"It's the ones with the sorest throats, Laura, who have done the most singing."

Posted by on Friday, July 27, 2012

Bright Eyes is a polarizing band. It seems that people either really love them or hate them. I don't care about the people who hate them. They are my favorite band, and I want to lie in a bath of Bright Eyes. What does that mean? It means that I want Bright Eyes to float all around me (not the actual musicians-- the music). Anyway, Conor Oberst is touring right now, and he is sharing some great music with people who aren't me. He played two new songs (temporarily titled "You Are Your Mom's" and "Kick") the last couple nights, and they are refreshing. Their last album was spectacular, but this is taking it back a little bit. New mixed with old.




Here is a video of one of my favorite songs, "Laura Laurent." Maybe I cried, but I'm not really sure.*





*I did.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.