Off Topic

Posted by on Saturday, July 14, 2012

I'm going to talk about something other than music for a second. More specifically I'm going to talk about this blog. Even more specifically, my last post. Then I'm going to get even more specific and talk about the internet.
So I posted this blog and it really pissed one person off. Someone who doesn't even know me. While I secretly take great pleasure in this, it also concerns me a bit. I've noticed this happens on the internet all too often.  So, let's all just take a deep breath and remember that not everyone is going to love the things that we love and that's okay. It doesn't make them close-minded. It doesn't make them stupid. It just makes them different from you. Let's also remember not to come to outlandish conclusions based on a couple sentences. ALSO, why does everyone get so offended by the term "hipster." It's been used since the 1800's. Why all of a sudden do people hate being described as one? I've been defined as a hipster before and I'm ok with it. Call me whatever you want. I don't care.

Anyways, my point here is you don't know me! Don't judge me! (Pretend I was saying that like a sassy black girl, k?) When we're on the internet, let's just remember to be kind and not take offense so easily. Let's be less defensive and accusatory in general.

DISCLAIMER: Not all the people in the studio I work in are hipsters. It was just the easiest word to use to give you a sense of the environment I work in. I don't think new music is bad. Most of it is pretty good. In fact, there is quite a bit of it I really love. I just find that there is a lot of it I don't enjoy as much as the older stuff.

Damn dirty hipsters be up in my grill about my opinions!

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.