Marvelous Things (Concert Review)

Posted by on Thursday, July 12, 2012



I like a lot of new music. That being said, most of my favorite bands date back to 2003-2005. Those were big music discovering years for me, I guess (Thanks Kazaa, Hot Topic, and FYE). Anyway, Eisley is one of those bands that started in the year 20-five for me.  I got my license around that time, and I listened and to Eisley on the way to school every morning (Thanks, Eisley, for helping me discover my singing talent). In 2006, I saw Eisley at the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco, the greatest city in the world. It was a lot of fun. Everybody sang along and had a magical time.

Move to the year 2012. It’s hot, and we’re in a foreign land far from the equator. It’s Missouri. Zach and I drove 1.7 hours to reach Springfield. Sadly, we didn’t see any Simpsons. On a good note, we saw Eisley. They played at the Outland Ballroom, a really tiny venue above a shop in downtown Springfield. They were preceded by Ski Lift, a local band, and Merriment, made up of their two youngest siblings.

They started the show with “Smarter,” which is a really badass song that I love. I even told Zach in the car, “I hope they start with ‘Smarter.’” They mostly played songs from The Valley and Deep Space (their new EP), but they did play the Eissentials (Eisley + essentials) such as “Golly Sandra” and “Marvelous Things.” I am a really big Sherri Dupree fan, but my favorite part of the show was when Chauntelle (lead guitarist) played and song. She has said in past interviews that she didn’t sing much because she was shy, but I’m really glad she got over it and has started singing more. Also, she is pregnant (and so is Stacy)! She is the coolest mom ever.

They are a really talented band, and I am glad they haven’t stopped making music. They’re taking time off to make some babies or something, but they’ll be back with a new album sometime next year. Here is a video:


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.