I've got another confession to make....I'm no fool (new pearl jam)*

Posted by on Thursday, July 11, 2013



Put me in the Real World confessional because I've got a confession: I never liked Pearl Jam. I just hate that "grunge" voice so, so much. It's the same singing style of Creed and Nickelback. I always wanted to like Pearl Jam, and maybe I will if I give them a chance again. Nirvana was always one of my favorite bands, so I thought I should logically be a Pearl Jam fan (logically). 

BUT. Huge but. They put out a new song, "Mind Your Manners," this morning, and I like it! I don't really know that many Pearl Jam songs besides "Jar-uh-may's spuhh-ro-ken yeahhhhh," ("Jeremy," obviously) but this doesn't sound like anything that I've heard from them. This is punk rock! It starts off pretty fast, and I wasn't sure how I felt about it, but I was hooked by the time the chorus hit. 

Consequence of Sound debuted the new song here

Also, I know a lot of people who love Pearl Jam, so please don't hate me. 


*I thought the Foo Fighters-->Dave Grohl-->Grunge-->Pearl Jam thing worked, but whatever, I was 3 in 1992.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.