Zach's Song of The Day

Posted by on Monday, July 1, 2013

Justin Vernon is starting to rival Jack White as the busiest man in rock n' roll. Earlier this year JV released a blues rock album with one of his side projects, The Shouting Matches. Now he's reunited Volcano Choir (another side project) to release his second album this year.

Recently they released their first single from their forthcoming album, Repave. The song is titled "Byegone" and is nothing like songs from the previous albums. The last Volcano Choir album was a little too weird for me. "Byegone" sounds like it was meant to be a part of a soundtrack for Moby Dick. I hate the word epic, but there's no other way to describe this song, but that it's epic.

Just like with the Shouting Matches, JV ditched the falsetto for his own grizzly man voice and I love it. It makes me want to grow a beard and walk around with my flannel shirt unbuttoned, exposing my chest hair. This song makes me feel like Bryce Woodhouse (The most manly person I know).
This song is that good.






Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.