Music that is sad and happy. (Xtina's Songs of the Day)

Posted by on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Zach and I are really into Mikal Cronin right now (see his song of the day yesterday here). There is just something about that guy. He is really good at combining melancholy lyrics with happy sounds. Saves the Day does that really well, as does Best Coast. It takes something that can feel too sad or to heavy and makes it lighter. Upbeat music provides a great lens through which to view tough things. I feel such a connection with the singer in these cases because I know they understand me, but they also help me forget about difficult things.

Listen to Mikal Cronin's "Weight" in Zach's post.

Watch Best Coast's "Do You Love Me Like You Used To" below:




Watch Saves the Day's "At Your Funeral" below:






Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.