Lessons Learned from the City Pool

Posted by on Friday, August 10, 2012

I've worked at the city pool all summer. A month ago I figured out I could hook my iPod up over the loud speakers. It helped my days go that much better. The only downside to that is everyone else wanted to hook their iPods up too. I'm going to sound like a snob, but I generally hate other people's music. I try to be accepting, but everyone (not everyone, but almost everyone) that played their music had at least a few Nickleback songs, Backstreet boys, blah, blah, blah, etc. etc. etc. The past few days have been especially grueling.
(I'm getting somewhere with this I promise.)
Through all the crap I had to listen to this week there were a few good songs, mostly 90's rock. One of those bands was the Wallflowers. They were one of my favorite bands in middle school. Jakob Dylan, son of Bob, is the lead singer. Tonight I remembered that he put out a solo album last year. I'm listening to it right now and it's really good. 
So, lesson learned. If you have to listen to crappy music all day for a week at least a few good songs will find their way into the playlist.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.