Tell All Your Friends.

Posted by on Friday, August 10, 2012

Taking Back Sunday is in my top 5 favorite bands of all time, so I was naturally excited (see: ecstatic, crying, in shock) when I found out that they are embarking on a tenth anniversary tour in honor of their album Tell All Your Friends. This album was the defining album of my youth or teenage years, I guess. My friends and I listened to it non-stop. One night, my best friends and I walked down Junipero Serra Boulevard and sang the whole album from start to finish. When most of our friends were at Warped Tour, two friends and I stayed home (not by choice) and listened to the album all day long. This album was and is very important to me; to me, this is an album about friendship.

In addition to that, I have never seen Taking Back Sunday's original line-up, as John Nolan and Shaun Cooper left the band in early 2003. The first time I saw them was October 2003 at the Warfield in San Francisco. Anyways, they all reunited a few April Fools' Days ago, making everyone everywhere who cared think it was a joke. This is a big deal. October 13th in Lawrence, Kansas.


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.