jt.

Posted by on Monday, January 14, 2013

Let me preface this by noting that this is not an ironic post...

...because someone had to write about it. As a near-lifelong Justin Timberlake fan, I feel qualified. My first concert was N SYNC, and I stood on the lawn at Shoreline Amphitheatre in tears. (Remember, this post is not ironic.)

I don't really know how he made it out of the boy band/bubblegum pop era, but HE DID IT. Seriously, guys. I was worried that he wouldn't be able to top what he did with Justified and FutureSex/LoveSounds, but listening to the song just once assuaged my fears.

Zach mentioned that "Suit & Tie" sounds a little bit like Raphael Saadiq. I agree; it's got an element of soul that I just love. I'm sorry Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber, and everyone else. He is back (with Jay-Z, no less).

I'm not going to pretend that I know how to write about it, so just listen:

Justin Timberlake Ft. Jay-Z - Suit & Tie from Timbaland Passion on Vimeo.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.