Of All Things I Will Soon Grow Tired

Posted by on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Joyce Manor is good music for any kind of day. (I'm spending my Saturday afternoon on my couch, by the way, and it is the perfect music for such an activity.) I found them through a blog I follow, and I've listened to this album four or five times a day since then (time-permitting, of course).

I love them because they sound like emo music of olde. It is one of my favorite kinds of music. I like the fuzzy sound quality and short songs, which adds a nice little punk rock element.* Most of the songs have a sing-a-long quality to them, all while employing screaming, fast guitars, and all the things I love about music.

They are touring with Desaparecidos this year, which makes a lot of sense. They remind me a lot of them, Lifetime, and probably some other bands, too. Below is a song from their 2012 album Of All Things I Will Soon Grow Tired and my favorite Lifetime song just for fun.


*Not an authority on punk rock, in case you were wondering.

      

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.