Zach's Song of The Day

Posted by on Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas break of 2006 my sister and I embarked on what would become the 2nd worst driving experience of my life (the 1st was Christmas break 2010). On our way home to Oklahoma from Rexburg, Idaho an ice storm hit Nebraska. Ice so thick it not only covered the road completely, but our car too. Besides sliding all over I-80, we also almost ran out gas and then a few hundred miles later we almost hit an elk. It is a road trip that will go down in infamy.

Okay. . . The drive home was awful, but that doesn't mean it was all bad. The one good thing that happened on that trip is my sister putting in an album (Sun, Sun, Sun) by a band called the Elected. I fell in love with that album. For over a year I probably listened to it everyday. It got me through a lonely time in Jackson Hole, WY. It got me through a break up. It got me through a lot. I will forever be indebted to our near death experiences driving home from college at Christmas time listening to the Elected.

The song of the day isn't from Sun, Sun, Sun, but from The first Elected Album, Me First. The song is Go On. Enjoy.






Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.