Overlooked in 2012

Posted by on Tuesday, January 1, 2013



Every year there are always a few albums I overlook. This year I tried to keep track of everything, but there were still a few albums that I either forgot about that I listened to earlier in the year or that I didn't listen to until this month.
One album I forgot about was The Stars Are Indifferent to Astronomy by Nada Surf. I bought this album the day it came out last January and loved every song, but for some reason I never listened to it after January. Last week on the All Songs Considered blog I saw that one of the editors, Stephen Thompson, put it in his top ten albums of the year. I went back and listened to it and fell in love with it all over again. It's a really great album. I think I can consider Nada Surf one of my favorite bands. They get better with every new release. 
The other two bands that didn't make my list are Japandroids and Jack White. Both of these albums (Celebration Rock & Blunderbuss) are incredible. I bought them both in December. I had heard them on Spotify but its really hard for me to get into an album unless I can listen to it in the car or at work. Both albums would have made my top albums list. 
If you haven't listened to any of these albums I highly recommend them. Here are my favorite songs from all three albums. Enjoy. 


               Japandroids pictured below 

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.