xtina's record store day.

Posted by on Sunday, April 21, 2013

We don't really live in a place with a big (or even minuscule) music scene, but we still tried to make the most of record store day. A lot of our favorite artists put out some cool stuff. I went with the Best Coast 7", which  includes the unreleased songs "Fear of My Identity" and "Who Have I Become."

The first song is my favorite. It's a really good and honest account of second guessing, anxiety, and self-consciousness. I love Best Coast because their music is so honest. Also, at $3.99, it was the cheapest record store day deal.

We also bought Sgt. Pepper's for eight bucks, which I think is a pretty good deal. I hope you all had a blessed record store day. Share your conquests in the comments below.

Sincerely,

Xtina

3 Comments

  1. I wasn't near a record store on record store day because I was camping in Moab, BUT I did go to Greywhale in Salt Lake City earlier in the week. I picked up the new album by Thee Oh Sees "Floating Coffin" and a reissue of the Big Star album "#1 Record"! - Earl

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new Thee Oh Sees is sooo good!

    On Record store day I bought the 10th anniversary release of Elephant by The White Stripes on colored vinyl. It's cool because is one half black, half red and the other is white. Classic White Stripes.
    I also got a couple other things that weren't actual RSD releases but still cool. Two Third Man Records blue series singles. One by Shovels and Rope where they cover Tom Waits. The other is Brittany Howard (from Alabama Shakes) and Ruby Amanfu (the femal voice in Jack White've Love Interrupted) doing a couple covers. Then I got another single, Iggy Pop and Zig Zag covering Betty Davis for Light in the Attic Records.
    It was good day.
    I also went on Ebay today to get a couple releases I really wanted but wasn't quick enough for. I got David Bowie Drive In Saturday single on painted vinyl then a single with The Black Keys and The Stooges. Im still working on getting The Avett Brothers and Randy Travis single.

    And that's my record store day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. came late to the party, but i managed to snag 2/3 rsd exclusives that i was super stoked for.

    a split 12'' of Brian Eno x Grizzly Bear tracks remixed by Nicolas Jaar.
    the 1st of 7 upcoming 12'' live compilations from deftones.

    i missed out on the first us release of Sigur Rós's 2nd album, Ágætis byrjun. disappeared within minutes the doors opened.

    other lp's i stumbled upon:

    Sleep - Dopesmoker (Hasheeshian Edition)
    Autolux - Transit Transit
    Dirty Three - Ocean Songs
    used copy of RJD2's debut album, Deadringer

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.