Zach's Song of The Day

Posted by on Sunday, April 28, 2013

After forcing people to listen to the atrociously awful cover of "Back to Black" by Andre 3000 and Beyonce (two people who I usually love), I thought I would post something I think is great.

Let me preface this by saying that I have never been a Daft Punk fan. I might kind of like that song "One More Time", but who doesn't?  Other than that I've never been able to sit down and listen to an entire album. I've also never listened to the R&B artist Pharrell (that last sentence made me sound like a Dad). I can't say anything about him, because I don't know anything. However, my wife (who is five and half years my junior) informs me that he's a big deal.

Daft Punk and Pharrell have collaborated on a new song called "Get Lucky" and I can't get enough of it. I don't even know what made me listen to it, but I 'm glad I did. It's nothing like I thought it would be. When I think of Daft Punk I think of DJ music. Honestly I don't even know what I mean by DJ music, but I know that I don't normally like groups like like Daft Punk, deadmau5 (or as my middle school students pronounce it, dead mouse. Isn't it he/it French?), Hot Chip, Justice, etc., etc.

This song is hardly electronic. It's more smooth 70's guitar disco pop. I'm tired of explaining, just listen to it.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.