Zach's Song of The Day

Posted by on Tuesday, April 16, 2013


In the words of my good friend Andrew Mayfield, "Justin Vernon could poop in a microphone and I, along with a million other people would buy the record."  Andrew, you're right.

The Shouting Matches (Justin Vernon's new band) released a new album today, Grownass Man. Unlike the last self-titled Bon Iver album there's not a lot of hype surrounding this album. It's also not as complicated or expansive as the last album. Plainly stated, this is a blues rock album. Quoting Andrew again, "It's like Deer Tick, Tom Petty and Eels got into a threesome".

I think the dude needed a break from all the stuff (sorry for the lack of a better word) surrounding the last album. This is a fun simple. There's only three guys instead of the 200+ that played live shows supporting the last effort.

I like it and you should too.

Here's my favorite song from the album.


One Comment

  1. I love this. My respect for Justin Vernon has about tripled.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.